WE LOVE TO HELP ~ JUST ASK US!
Stress Free Returns...
Not quite right? Get in touch and send it back!
If you would like to return your online purchase, please contact us first for confirmation before you send anything back.
Returns must be sent via a tracked shipping method and received by us within 7 days of your order date.
Provided the items are returned in brand new, unworn condition with original tags still attached* ~ we will make sure we get it sorted with an exchange, a store credit or if you prefer, a refund.
In Store Returns?
Please choose carefully as we do not refund if you change your mind. Goods may be exchanged or held in credit within 7 days with proof of purchase, providing the goods are unworn and in new condition with original tags attached.*
*Exclusions: We do not accept returns on any sale items or preorder/ custom request items that have been ordered in especially for you. Any faulty items will be referred to our supplier. Some items such as swimwear & underwear cannot be returned or exchanged due to hygiene regulations.
All sale items are final
Sorry we do not offer exchanges, credits or refunds on any discounted items purchased either in store or online.
We endeavour to check over all our garments before sending them out to you to ensure they are free of faults. All items returned as faulty will be sent to the supplier by us for inspection and a decision will be made as to whether it is standard 'wear and tear' or whether its due to a manufacturing fault.
If it is accepted by our supplier as a genuine manufacturing fault, then we will attempt to have the item repaired to an acceptable standard. Failing that we will try to source a replacement, or issue a refund. We will meet our requirements under the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act.
How to return or exchange...
Please include your order reference number, the name of the item you are wanting to return, and the reason you are returning. Please do not send anything back without getting in touch with us first or it may not be accepted.
Our Contact Info:
ph: +64 3 546 9973
TROUBLE AND FOX
ph: +64 3 548 4303
3. Pack the item carefully and send back using a tracked method so that it arrives back to us within 7 days of you first receiving it. Please note: Any return shipping costs are your responsibility. We will not be responsible for any items lost or damaged in transit. 4. Items must be returned with original receipt, in brand new, unworn condition with original tags still attached - we will not accept items that have been washed, damaged or soiled in any way.
5. We will assess the item, process your return and get back in touch with you as soon as possible (within a max. of 3 working days excluding Public Holidays & Weekends) 6. Once your return has been accepted, you have the option to:
- exchange your item for another
- issue a store credit for the value of the item
- or if you prefer we can issue a refund If you paid via Paypal/ Credit Card we will issue a refund via the same method, or if you paid via Bank Deposit then we will refund payment directly into a nominated bank account. Please be aware that refunds may take up to 3 business days to appear back in your account. Please note we do not refund shipping charges.
- Free shipping back to you on an exchanged item is only valid for the first exchange, any further shipping costs for future swaps on the same original purchase will be your responsibility.
- All international customers should contact us regarding customs clearance before shipping.
- Until an item is received back with us it is your responsibility, lost packages are not fun for anyone, so be sure to use Track n Trace!
- We will only accept items that are in new and unworn condition unless faulty. Package neatly so that the goods arrive to us safely and in the best condition possible. Wrap clothing in tissue or plastic and package inside another box or post pack. Again, be sure to use Track and Trace!
- When returning footwear, please return with original shoebox packaged inside another box. Footwear will NOT be accepted if they have been scuffed, stinky or worn outside unless faulty.
Click here to view more info on our shipping policies and courier providers
Sometimes we will offer the option to pre-order an item before its released so you don’t miss out. This means that you can secure your order before the items arrive with a 50% deposit.
No returns or exchanges are permitted on pre-order items unless under special circumstances.
Please be aware when placing a pre-order that we only have estimates for scheduled delivery and occasionally there are unforeseen delays or we may not receive our order of stock in full. We will notify you of any issues as soon as possible, and in the case that the item you have pre-ordered does not arrive to us, we will of course refund your money in full.
As well as our online store, we also have two real-life physical stores – Sidecar Menswear and Trouble & Fox, where at any moment someone could walk in off the street, try something on and buy it!
We generally stock products in limited quantities, and we will try our very best to keep our online stock levels accurate and up to date - but there is a small chance that before our website updates, you may be purchasing something online at the same time as a customer in one of our physical stores.
In rare instances, we may experience technical 'glitches' with our inventory systems where the item count does not update properly - so there is a slight possibility that you could buy a product that is no longer available. It's not an ideal situation for any of us and we try to keep our data as accurate as possible, but at this stage we are only as good as the technology available to us!
If this occurs and you have ordered something online that is for any reason unavailable, we will notify you as soon as possible and find a solution - either order it in for you (if this suits your timeframes), cancel your order (if you haven't yet paid) or issue a refund.
Some items may look slightly different in real life to how they look in the photo (due to arty photography or the way computer shows colours) but we will do our best to give you the most accurate description of how the item looks.
If you have any questions about the fit or look of an item, email us or call us and we will do our best to help you out.
But if you think we’ve got it way wrong (like those cool chinos looked red in the photo, but hey they turned up hot pink!) contact us and we’ll have a chat about what we can do.