WE LOVE TO HELP - JUST ASK US!
Please note: The policies below apply only to goods purchased online via this website.
Check with us for details of our physical store policies.
Not what you expected? Get in touch and send it back!
If you are looking to return an item please contact us within 5 days of receiving your full-priced item* and we will make sure we get it sorted with an exchange, a store credit or if you prefer, a refund.
We will only accept items that are returned in brand new, unworn condition with original tags still attached.
*Please note: This does not apply to sale items or any backorder/ custom request items that have been ordered in especially for you. Any faulty items will be referred to our supplier. Some items such as swimwear & underwear cannot be returned or exchanged due to hygiene regulations.
This means no exchanges, credits or refunds unless it has been assessed as faulty (see below).
If you've purchased an item that was discounted but you have since changed your mind, we're really sorry but it was priced to move! Maybe try and re-gift it to a lucky friend :)
If you have any questions about an item, it's best to get in touch before you purchase. We will do our best to give you more information and assist you make the right decision.
Please contact us first before returning any items.
We endeavour to check over all our garments before sending them out to you to ensure they are free of faults. All items returned as faulty will be inspected and a decision will be made as to whether it is standard 'wear and tear' or whether its due to a manufacturing fault.
If it is accepted as a genuine fault, then we will attempt to have the item repaired to an acceptable standard. Failing that we will try to source a replacement, or issue a refund.
We will meet our requirements under the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act.
How to return or exchange...
1. You must contact us regarding any issues within 5 days of receiving goods. Please include your order reference number, the name of the item you are wanting to return, and the reason you are returning. Please do not send anything back without getting in touch with us first or it may not be accepted.
Our Contact Info:
ph: +64 3 546 9973
TROUBLE AND FOX
ph: +64 3 548 4303
2. We will email you back with details on how to return.
3. Pack the item carefully and send back using a tracked method so that it arrives to us within 7 days of you first receiving it. Please note: Any return shipping costs are your responsibility. We will not be responsible for any items lost or damaged in transit.
4. Items must be returned with original receipt, in brand new, unworn condition with original tags still attached - we will not accept items that have been washed, damaged or soiled in any way.
5. We will assess the item, process your return and get back in touch with you as soon as possible (within a max. of 3 working days excluding Public Holidays & Weekends)
6. Once your return has been accepted, you have the option to:
- exchange your item for another
- issue a store credit for the value of the item
- or if you prefer we can issue a refund
If you paid via Paypal/ Credit Card we will issue a refund via the same method, or if you paid via Bank Deposit then we will refund payment directly into a nominated bank account. Please be aware that refunds may take up to 3 business days to appear back in your account. Please note we do not refund shipping charges.
- We are not responsible for the payment of the return shipping (unless faulty). However, if you are exchanging an item for another one, the new item will be shipped back to you for free (excludes NZ Rural delivery and International orders).
- Free shipping back to you on an exchanged item is only valid for the first exchange, any further shipping costs for future swaps on the same original purchase will be your responsibility.
- All international customers should contact us regarding customs clearance before shipping.
- Until an item is received back with us it is your responsibility, lost packages are not fun for anyone, so be sure to use Track n Trace!
- We will only accept items that are in new and unworn condition unless faulty. Package neatly so that the goods arrive to us safely and in the best condition possible. Wrap clothing in tissue or plastic and package inside another box or post pack. Again, be sure to use Track and Trace!
- When returning footwear, please return with original shoebox packaged inside another box. Footwear will NOT be accepted if they have been scuffed, stinky or worn outside unless faulty.
Lost/ Damaged in the mail...
This pretty much NEVER happens, because we always use fully tracked and secure services to ship our orders - Post Haste for all Domestic Orders and New Zealand CourierPost for all International Orders.
But in the unlikely event that it did happen? As this part of the online shopping experience is out of our control (we haven't quite trained our own fleet of carrier pigeons yet, but we're working on it!) we are required to follow the procedures set in place by our postage providers. This usually involves filing a claim with the postal company, which can sometimes take a few days to file the necessary supporting evidence and paperwork.
We appreciate your patience and we will do as much as we can to assist and speed up this process, providing the issue is genuine and legitimate.
Sometimes we will offer the option to pre-order an item before its released so you don’t miss out. This means that you can secure your order before the items arrive with a 50% deposit.
Pre-Order items will be indicated in the item description with an estimate of the expected delivery time. Dispatch will be made immediately as soon as the item arrives in stock and remaining balance is paid.
Please be aware when placing a pre-order that we only have estimates for scheduled delivery and occasionally there are unforeseen delays or we may not receive our order of stock in full.
We will notify you of any issues as soon as possible, and in the case that the item you have pre-ordered does not arrive to us, we will ofcourse refund your money in full.
For our New Zealand customers only, we do offer a lay-by option to help split up the payment of online orders. Our standard lay-by terms and conditions apply:
- Time limit: Online Lay-bys run for 4 weeks only
- Deposit: A non-refundable minimum 20% deposit (20% of the total retail price of the item) must be paid to secure/begin the lay-by.
- Cancellations: If the lay-by is cancelled, we will keep the 20% deposit as a cancellation fee.
- Returns/Exchanges: Lay-by items cannot be exchanged or refunded after the lay-by has been finalised and collected (unless accepted as faulty).
- Multiple Items: No more than 3 items can be on lay-by at one time unless by special arrangement.
- Payment Method: Lay-bys are payable by bank deposit only and are limited to New Zealand customers only.
How to start a Lay-By:
1. Place your order online and complete check-out as normal. When you select your payment method, choose the 'Online Layby' option.
2. You will receive an Order Confirmation via email with your Order Number, our bank account details, Lay-By Instructions and Terms & Conditions.
3. Pay your minimum 20% deposit (or more if you wish) into our account via bank deposit. Be sure to use your Order Number (eg. 2078) as the payment reference. Contact us via one of the methods above and let us know you have paid your deposit.
4. When your first payment has cleared in our account, we will email you an updated copy of your receipt with the balance remaining. Your order has now been secured and your lay-by has started!
5. Keep making regular payments to pay off your order. You have 4 weeks to complete payment in full. Please email or call us when you've made each payment so we can look out for it to show up in our bank account and apply it to your lay-by. When you make a payment we will email you an updated receipt with the balance still left to pay.
6. Once you've made your final payment, we will get your order shipped out asap! You will receive a Shipping Confirmation with your tracking details.
As well as our online store, we also have two real-life physical stores – Sidecar Menswear and Trouble & Fox, where at any moment someone could walk in off the street, try something on and buy it!
We generally stock products in limited quantities, and we will try our very best to keep our online stock levels accurate and up to date - but there is a small chance that before our website updates, you may be purchasing something online at the same time as a customer in one of our physical stores.
In rare instances, we may experience technical 'glitches' with our inventory systems where the item count does not update properly - so there is a slight possibility that you could buy a product that is no longer available. It's not an ideal situation for any of us and we try to keep our data as accurate as possible, but at this stage we are only as good as the technology available to us!
If this occurs and you have ordered something online that is for any reason unavailable, we will notify you as soon as possible and find a solution - either order it in for you (if this suits your timeframes), cancel your order (if you haven't yet paid) or issue a refund.
Some items may look slightly different in real life to how they look in the photo (due to arty photography or the way computer shows colours) but we will do our best to give you the most accurate description of how the item looks.
If you have any questions about the fit or look of an item, email us or call us and we will do our best to help you out.
But if you think we’ve got it way wrong (like those cool chinos looked red in the photo, but hey they turned up hot pink!) contact us and we’ll have a chat about what we can do.